Tuesday, 10 December 2013

SIBLING

A year has passed and I’ve been planning this blog for a while now. It feels like the last 12 months have come and gone quickly. 2013 has been surreal with a mixture of hit and miss events.

Losing a sibling so suddenly just doesn’t add up. A large part of my history will not continue into my present nor future, but I intend to make his legacy continue. 32 years just does not go away.

I’ll never know what truly happened or in detail the circumstances of why - just that it happened. All I know is that I have to think of the present and not dwell too much on what I don’t know or should know.

What I do know is - what’s been broken, can be repaired. Michael would not have wanted me to play the wounded soldier and to instead buckle down to what is important.

This year picked up when Lincoln came into the world. Whilst new-life does not replace the old, Lincoln has been a blessing and helped me refocus. I would have loved for him to have met his uncle, but I still have plenty of fun childhood stories to tell. Mikes name will still be firmly in the picture.

I will put on that old Bristol Rovers scarf, reflect on good times and take today as it comes. If I feel joy for whatever reason, I shouldn’t feel guilt alongside it. Even though today is about loss, I still have many blessings to count.

Rest easy, baby brother.

No comments: