I spent a large portion of this Saturday attending and helping out at the TGI Kids Christmas Party. The TGI Friday kids party featured: food (of course), games, a Veggie-tales Christmas DVD showcase and the most outstanding of all a Punch & Judy display. The Punch & Judy was in its true traditional, non-PC performance (aside from the omission of the hanging scene) and was loved by kids and adults alike. Seeing a Punch & Judy act again after 2 decades was quite cheerful to say the least. I’m glad no sensitive types complained, especially as PC Plod confirmed to the audience that Judy and the baby were still alive and well from being thrown down the stairs by the naughty Mr Punch.
Of course ‘Santa Claus’ appeared at the end with a bag of goodies for the young uns. Every kid got a present to take home too. Afterwards ‘Santa’ waved goodbye to everyone as he left though the back door or the Pastor’s office and onto his vacation. :P
Having a Christmas Party in early January is a great way to give Christmas and the holiday period good send off. I think its good of TGI to do this event at this time every year, since it provides a last Christmas related highlight for the kids who have to go back to school the following week. For me, I am happy to help out and be a part of it and most importantly, its great to see those kids happy.
No comments:
Post a Comment