
Some thoughts on the Bayformer depiction of Sideswipe.
I like the design. Sideswipe looks hardcore and up for a scrap as he's expected to be. The swords gimmick is a cool idea and I hope he has Vin Deisel or someone provide his voiceover. The thing about this design I am none too keen on is his new Silver paintjob.
Sideswipe should be red surely?
As Steven Speilberg once spoke about his movie Duel (1971) that he used a Red car because it looked great on camera and that it was visable amongst the dust. (BTW, Duel is awesome - go rent it out!).
Take a look at the General Lee in Dukes of Hazzard. That red car is incredably powerful on camera and noticable. The same can be said with the red Cortina and red Quatro driven by Gene Hunt in Life on Mars and Ashes to Ashes. Even the A-Team van is stale without a red stripe.
What I am getting at is that red is probably the best choice for a vehicle in a fast paced and action setting. Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen had this opputunity with a well known Red sports car character who vetrean Transfans will know is capable of kicking mass afterburner on screen.
I liked the new design for Sideswipe, but I think red was the best choice for the character, not just from a fan point of view but also media point of view.
I am sure Hasbro will release the toy version in red as well as silver to keep fanboys happy, but I prefer to think of the Hollywood blockbuster first.
I am sure Speilberg's company Dreamworks will have a good answer to this colour incorrection, although I'm still waiting for an explaination behind giving Starscream turkey legs in robot mode :P.
Despite my disaproval of Sideswipe's paintjob, I am happy that he's been cast/rendered for Revenge of the Fallen and looking really forward to it.
No comments:
Post a Comment