Saturday, 16 February 2008

TURF

Zip and Star had an adventure in the back garden.
They both looked around and explored a lot and were getting a general feel for the outside.It got dark and they were left to it, half an hour later there was a THUD! on the patio door.

I went over to investigate and saw that one of the HUGE and nasty Tortoiseshell cats that live over the back fence had gotten in the garden. I went out and shoo'ed the cat away but Zip and Star were nowhere to be seen. Rushed back into the kitchen (where the cat flap is) to find Star was very shaken and frightened but Zip was still not back. Moments later, Zip came back in through the cat flap but not frightened, his tail was all frizzy as cats get like that in a stand off.

It would appear Zip stayed outside against the bigger and nastier cat from over the fence before I chased it off. I could'nt see him in the dark at all since he's so pitch black in colour. I was pretty proud of Zip who stood his ground and for his sister. He could have easily made a retreat as opposed to staying outside having a showdown with a meaner cat 3 times his size.

I feel the territory wars have just begun.

No comments: