Monday, 31 March 2008

AFTERMATH


An entertaining night of hi-octane wrestling action on TV has left me with 4 hours sleep but happy about the outcome.

Wrestlemania 24 turned out better than I expected…

The only match that literally put me to sleep was the Big Show VS Mayweather bout. I am fan of Big Show and would have liked to have seen him in a program I cared about. Apparently Show was supposed to be the heel in that encounter, but that was hard to tell especially when Floyd Mayweather entered the area with his huge rudeboy posse (not very babyface like eh). Still, I hope the rumoured post Wrestlemani a program with the Undertaker will happen.

Speaking of The Undertaker, his match with Edge was a real thrill to watch with so many surprises and near pins pulled out of the bag. This definitely deserved the main event slot and really ended the show on a really high note with The Undertaker expanding his streak to 16-0. As for Edge, he has proved to be best Wrestlemania opponent yet for The Undertaker and really came close to crushing a lot of fans hearts. Although the Undertaker is now the World Heavyweight champion what mattered more was that his streak was kept intact. The credibility of Smackdown has risen for the time being.

Ric Flair VS Shawn Michaels played off well although things really started to slow down a bit when Michaels landed really badly out of the ring onto an announce table. Thanks aplenty to Shawn and Ric for still putting on a highly entertaining and pure wrestling match which had a unique Highlander-ish ending to it.

Summary of Wrestlemania thoughts:

Kane as ECW Champion! I hope he will be used better with this reign.

Bunnymania = Waste of time. Santino sold Snoop Dogg’s punch more than he did Lawler’s, in fact he did’nt sell Lawler’s punch very well at all. The Diva stuff, well…

Belfast Brawl, I wish Finlay had won that one.

Money in The Bank: Loads of sick bumps and a good return of Matt Hardy. The push of CM Punk begins! Looks like he’ll be fed to Kane or jump a brand to be fed to someone else. I hope Shelton Benjamin is okay from the really sick bump he did, in fact he should have won it IMO.

Batista VS Umaga: This had potential but something just wasn’t there.

The HHH, Cena, Orton 3 Way: Not bad, and a surprise to see Orton win. Orton’s Wrestlemania loss streak has been broken whilst HHH’s hasn’t.

That’s it for now.

No comments: