Tuesday, 16 September 2008

HINDRANCE

I rose to your bait and your temptation drew me in.

You posed as a friendly entity but you were really a predator

For too long you’d been a thorn in my side, yet I allowed it.

I was gullible.

To think I pined for you even when you hurt me.

Your goodwill blinded me and it had a price - My soul.

You never cared for me and all I meant to you was an extra name on the list.

I am nobody’s conquest. .

Like a parasite you latched onto my person and oppressed me.

The penny dropped and I woke up.

My soul still burns and won’t be sucked dry.

You no longer have any hold over me.

You can't have me.

I now have authority over you.

Now go away and die…



This isn’t a poem as such or even trying to be. Just thoughts and sentences pieced together regarding the way I have felt about cutting myself off from an element of bad karma that has given me grief for a while now. This bad karma I thought was something good and a bringer of happiness, yet it strung me along and like the monkey to the organ grinder I danced to its tune. I am free of this!

No comments: