Wednesday, 26 August 2009

COSPLAY


Doctor Wholiday’s Bible Club, Blog #3: Enter The Tardis-Former!

Wednesday’s instalment of Doctor Wholiday’s Bible Club featured a fancy dress contest. The Dressed up cast of characters included: A White Power Ranger (SPD/DekaRanger version), Darth Vader without a helmet, Sky, Stars, Dalek Sect, The 10th Doctor, K 4 ½ (a puppy version of K-9), Martha Jones, A Spaceman, Spiderman, and various other alien species.

A special mention goes to my favourite costume which was a young lad dressed as a Tardis. He looked like a Transformer with his head, arms and legs sticking out each end. I christened the boy Tardis-Former! I helped Tardis-Former walk around the catwalk runway to model his gear to everyone as I tried to keep his Tardis light (which was a hat) from falling off his head.

As I helped Tardis Former out of his box, he brandished quite proudly a Transformers: Animated shirt. As he didn’t win a prize, I am sure I can whip up something special for tomorrow. That kid has good taste!

A Transforming Tardis! What a great concept!

George the Dalek came along later and claimed 3 more human victims. The gunge today looked more solid than usual. Perhaps they are mixing up a stronger batch down in the lab.

Towards the end, photo opportunities came along and the queue to have a picture taken with either Doctor Wholiday, George, or a Cyberman (or any combination of either) was packed but orderly. I got a snapshot done with The Dalek about to zap me with his egg-whisk gun.

Doctor Wholiday also gave out Jelly Babies in true 4th Doctor homage fashion! Awesome!

Wednesday was all in all another fun-packed day. Roll on tomorrow.

No comments: