Thursday, 27 August 2009

INTERGALACTIC


Doctor Wholiday’s Bible Club, Blog #4: Space Juice and Coolness

Day Four of The Doctor Wholiday spectacular saw more gunging, crafts, partying and loads of fun.

Today I found ‘Tardis-Former’, a young lad who answers to the name Ethan. I presented him with what I like to call from this day forth: The Ken Flatt Coolness Award. If you achieve coolness, you get a special prize. The Ken Flatt’s Coolness Award was in the form of a Transformers: Animated figure of Elite Guard Bumblebee. Ethan loved it! (and yes fellow collectors, it was C-10 packaging!)

I think ‘The Ken’s Coolness Award’ will take off in September to be bestowed on any kid in TGI that is simply outstanding in a brilliant and creative way. Creativity is something I greatly encourage in anyone and being cool is by doing many different good things.

OK… Achieving coolness is a ‘Parker Lewis Can’t Lose’ reference. I just drew from it for the greater good. Heck, why not!

Today was about assembling our team collage. Each collage is an assembled banner for each of the 6 teams. 100’s of Doctor Who magazines and other sci-fi material was lined up by our 6 planetary groups to mutilate into their perspective works of beauty. Planet Mercury’s (Group 6) collage has a Slitheen’s head stuck to a Dalek body. I took some pictures of the brilliant collaborative work which can be viewed in my Facebook Dr Wholiday’s photo album.

Speaking of great work! The custom Tardis the kids are making are made using Tetrapak drink cartons as the base. Those things are non-recyclable. Great use for them I say! The Tardis models are coming along really well and should finalised at the end of the week. I’m really proud of all the work in general this week.

Fellow space pilot Will Purnell and myself spent a good afternoon on the highlights video of the event featuring some key moments of the week. We’re hoping you’ll all enjoy this fun-filled video package which will be aired tomorrow and uploaded to Facebook land for the more global audience. The song Star-Breather is just simply awesome and a great description for the man upstairs.

I’m right now having to gather some spare clothes x 2 and towels x 4 for possible double duty in the gunge tank tomorrow. The last day too, and what a day it is going to be! I am sure the Doctor (Wholiday) will leave a lasting impression as the summer holidays draw to a close.

I best make the most of it.

===KEN

“My friend, you have achieved Coolness! “
- Parker Lewis.


No comments: