I ponder sometimes as to whether or not I belong in this existence.
Maybe I am in the wrong reality, timeline or just misplaced in a universe I don’t slot into.
Maybe it isn’t worth knowing for a grassy patch in any alternate reality is probably not any greener than the other.
Maybe the possible Shattered Glass, Ultimate, Age of Apocalypse versions of me would kick more rear in this harsh reality of apathy. Heck, maybe I indulge in comic books and sci-fi too much but I would imagine all the same.
I wonder what things would be like if I was never around. And in that case I am daring for a revelation, a Scrooge like revelation to put my perspective into place.
Ok… A ‘Same as it Never Was’ style revelation more like.
The curiosity is playing heavily on my mind.
I am not suicidal btw.
I want to know… Not if this world would be better off without me but if things would be better for those around if I never existed to start with.
I am Ken Flatt, the third attempt after two miscarriages, a miracle baby, a prize result after 7 years of trying. What if either of those before me would have entered the world instead? They may have been more of a success in life than I will ever be. Maybe they would have been more compatible with the here and now than I will ever be either. I don’t feel like I fit in on this version of Earth sometimes…
I want a revelation…
“Be careful what you wish for…”
No comments:
Post a Comment