
- THUNDERA
- SITUATION
- ASLAN
THUNDERA
Yesterday I went out with my associate in his new car (a car which looks like Chase of the Throttlebots/G1 Transformers) to Bristol city centre (or Broadmead as us true Bristolians call it) on a mission to acquire the Second Season of Thundercats on DVD.
The HMV staff were a little crafty as they had a copy of the S2 pt 1 disc set on display for £22.99 and cunningly hid the reduced £15 copies on a lower shelf section. We got the £15 copy in the end.
Thundercats season 2 is a big deal here in the UK. For season 2 was never aired over here, or more accurately the BBC could not be arsed to air it. You could say that Season 2 is like a gap in the childhood of anyone who grew up in 80’s Britain. The nearest Blighty ever got to seeing Season 2 was the release of the Thundercats Ho Movie on VHS.
So Season 2 will mark new Thundercats, Ma-Mutt, new Thundera (Third Earth was cool though!!) and a new villain faction called the Lunatacs (Who I hear are nastier than the Berserkers ever were). I’m going to need some time to sit aside and be immersed in it all. 65 unseen episodes of Thundercat goodness can’t go wrong well 30-something to start with until the acquisition of part 2 is made.
I need not go on about how great Thundercats is, an 80’s cartoon that hasn’t aged very badly, a toon that was a milestone for toons today and a toon that practically started Toonami.
So yeah Season 2 goodness. Going to love every minute of it I hope.
===========
SITUATION
I am in talks with Celtic Wrestling management over my quitting the promotion last Friday. Things could be resolved…
I may have acted rash, but with good reason.
I cannot go into details yet, but I am still on very good terms with the guys and gals at C/W and there is still a good relationship going.
I will keep you guys updated on this one.
===========
ASLAN
I went to see Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian today: A great film with a load of sword swing, claw slashing action. Very good sequel. I can’t wait for Voyage of the Dawn Treader with the return of Reapacheap and the introduction of Eustace! :D. The character who I felt sorry for the most in Caspian was the poor Minotaur that held up the gate as it looked like he was hit in a certain place with an arrow . I’d love to say more but I know people from church will be reading this and are making a trip to see this tomorrow, so sorry kids, no spoilers from me And NO THROWING POPCORN (when the ushers are looking).
Zip and Star’s Birthday tomorrow with mine the day after.
Check you all later
===HERO/KEN.
No comments:
Post a Comment