Friday, 18 July 2008

VERSION

I have been reading up on the negative feedback in regards to recent US airing of the Life on Mars remake. I reckon the series deserves another chance considering the episode was only a pilot or more of a demo really.

Gene Hunt is being recast, Ray Carling’s character will now be in the show (hopefully Chris Skelton too) and a few other changes are being made. I think that ABC will learn from the mistakes made the first time around, but I think the original UK BBC show is the one to watch first no matter how good or bad the remake may turn out to be.


Mind you. There may be flack towards American remakes at the moment, but it is not like the UK hasn’t made a dogs dinner with versions of American shows either – Whos the Boss, That 70’s Show and Married With Children are the first 3 that come to mind.

No comments: