Tuesday, 1 July 2008

PUNK


Last night’s edition of WWE RAW restored some of my faith in WWE programming when out of the blue the most tidy, slot-filling story twist happened.

And of course I am referring to a Pepsi Twist here LOL.

CM Punk who won #1 contendership briefcase at Wrestlemania 24 this year cashed in his title shot and put the now previous champion Edge in his place and snagged the championship belt after a vicious GTS (Go To Sleep) to the head.

Edge had previously caused The Undertaker to be banished from the WWE (although I reckon he’ll be back at Summerslam) and along with La Familia gave the Smackdown locker-room an unfair power struggle, with Edge as the champ along with the General Manager Vickie Guerrero in his back pocket (and probably his front pocket too :P).

So yeah, Edge for a long time now had been asking for a comeuppance, so lo & behold CM Punk was the man to bring it.

I’ve liked CM Punk for a long time ever since his pre-WWE days on the indy scene. I even had the pleasure of meeting Punk back in early 2005 when I was with *certain promotion* and commentated for the match he was in.

Punk is a drink free, drug free, straight-edge superstar whose only addiction is competition and sometimes a splash of Pepsi . Punker is also a GI Joe fan too, but I won’t hold that against him.

But yeah… CM Punk as Champ on RAW.

Bloody good!

I hope things continue to get better.

No comments: